Summary of the role
Gateway Qualifications is an Awarding Organisation with over 20 years' experience in the credit-based field. We work in partnership with colleges, schools, employers, voluntary organisation and other training providers to develop relevant and accessible qualifications for learners of all ages and abilities.
What we need you to do:
To act on behalf of Gateway Qualifications to verify the achievement of learners through the process of external moderation. You will also be required to ensure the quality and consistency of provision within and across Centres offering the Access to HE Diploma. We are particularly looking for moderators in the following subject areas: Chemistry, Maths, Engineering, Art & Design, Media and Law. However, please apply even if these are not your specialisms.
What we are looking for:
- Moderators at subject level must have expert subject knowledge and experience of assessment at level 3 or above.
- Recent experience of post 16 / adult / community education.
- Sound understanding of assessment, verification and moderation systems and procedures.
- Ability to be analytical and objective.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Word processing and IT skills, including reporting skills.
- Willingness to travel in order to undertake moderation duties.