Summary of the role
Temporary, Contracted Positions
Location: Multiple locations across England (mainly London)
Hourly Rate: £12 per hour
Our End Point Assessment Organisation, AIM Awards, exists to support the growth in the End Point Assessment (EPA) of Apprenticeship Standards, delivery of high-quality EPA and working in partnership with major employers across sectors. We are currently focusing our work on the creative industries.
We are now seeking to recruit talented and motivated individuals to join us as Assessment Facilitators who will ensure that all EPA testing undertaken is completed through:
- Ensuring necessary documentation is in place and completed
- Representing AIM awards to apprentices, employers and/or training providers, ensuring our customer service values are maintained
- Managing own diary effectively to ensure assessments start as scheduled
- Setting up the Assessment room(s)
- Supervising learners sitting assessments whilst ensuring a calm environment which will give apprentices the best possible opportunity to be successful
- Coordinating the introduction of assessors/apprentices
- Invigilation of assessments in line with AIM Awards Invigilation Policy, delivery and quality assurance activities
- Report all risks, issues and suspected malpractice encountered during invigilation of assessment activities
- Adhere to health and safety processes and procedures, including at employer/training provider sites
- Ensure AIM Awards policies and procedures are followed at all times
Being an Assessment Facilitator for an AIM Awards end-point assessment you are most likely to be the first face to face contact that apprentices and training provider staff will have with AIM Awards. The role requires excellent customer service skills including effective communication skills, confident communication, be comfortable working under pressure and have the ability to multi-task.
Drawing on your previous experience of invigilating assessments and work within education, you will work closely with the EPAO Co-ordinator to deliver and effectively contribute to continually improve the delivery of the testing element of the apprenticeship end point assessments and ensure that you are providing the best possible service for our EPA apprentices and customers.
Whilst experience is preferred, full training wil be provided for successful candidates. Whilst the role is ad-hoc, hours will be agreed with the successful candidates in advance and there will be an opportunity to work regularly.
Minimum requirements are:
- Established experience of invigilation, for example multiple choice tests and exams both online and paper based
- Excellent organisational skils and a professional approach
- Timekeeping and punctuality
- Problem solving skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communiaction skills
- Willingness to travel
- Self-motivated and possess a flexible approach with apprentices and employers
- A driving licence is desirable
How to apply
An application pack can be downloaded from our website www.aimawards.org.uk or contact Rachael Tweddle on tel: 01332 341822 or write to AIM Awards, 3 Pride Point Drive, Pride Park Derby, DE24 8BX. Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd March.