Summary of the role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Bid Manager to support the generation of new business via formal competitive tender processes with on-line tender portals, ESFA, LEPs and other bid writing and tender opportunities.
The Bid Manager will be responsible for the smooth management of the entire bid process.
NOCN is a leading national Awarding Organisation for technical and vocational qualifications and number one apprentice assessment provider. It is committed to delivering high quality products and services to the FE sector, employers, learners and apprentices. NOCN is part of NOCN Group: a progressive educational organisation at the forefront of skills development.
- Monitor various procurement websites and other sources to identify opportunities for NOCN Group to tender for the provision of its products and services
- Quantify and qualify relevant opportunities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and agree with the Deputy Group Managing Director and SLT the priorities for further development and tendering opportunities
- Prepare tender submissions for review and approval
- Co-ordinate and project manage all parties involved in the bid process to ensure everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected of them and when their deadlines are.
- Ensure all timelines are met and that the bid submitted is as complete and accurate as possible, whilst also best reflecting NOCN’s Group services and abilities.
- Quality assure all aspects of the bid before processing, including written documentation, diagrams and presentations
- Ensure all bid documentation is clear, concise, crucial, compelling and meets all the criteria in bid specifications
- Develop accurate and consistent bids with the assistance of relevant internal departments, ensure all bids are stored in a ‘bid bank’ for further use and review for future bidding opportunities
- In addition to managing bids and tenders, where relevant, – support the Heads of Assessment and Business Development with the accurate completion and submission of End Point Assessment contracts and schedules to providers
Key requirements, knowledge, skills and experience:
The role requires you to be a business focused team player, who works with others to accomplish objectives and deliver a positive result while developing and maintaining open, honest and constructive relationships. You will need to readily embrace change and competing priorities, be organised and able to remain calm and decisive under pressure.
How to apply
NOCN is a registered educational charity, Investor in People and Leader in Diversity. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, we want the best people and welcome all equally.
To apply, email your CV with a covering letter, stating why you are the best person for the job, with recent examples of how you meet the key requirements of the role. Send this to:
- Name of recruiter: Jan Richardson-Wilde
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 0793 9597071
Informal discussion: If you want to speak to the recruiter informally about this role, please email or call, as above.