Summary of the role
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) in the UK is the membership organisation for professionals involved in the movement of goods and people and their associated supply chains.
Members of the Institute are involved in the management and design of infrastructure, systems, processes and information flows and in the creation, management and development of effective organisations. The work of our members impacts directly on people, society and the environment, on business profitability and economic growth.
First established as The Chartered Institute of Transport (CIT) in 1919, The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in the UK is a registered charity and part of the CILT international family with over 33,000 members in countries across the world.
Our vision is to create an Institute that is essential to the members, inspires our audiences, and delivers experiences that are loved, for life.
Job Title: Centre Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Awarding Organisation Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Key Objectives of Post: To act as the key contact point for Centres and to be responsible for maintaining the relevant qualification and candidate records, and the effective administration of the institute’s qualifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of the Awarding Organisation
- Act as the point of contact for enquiries on all registrations, transfers and materials from Centre staff, for a range of the Institute’s qualifications and programmes
- Maintenance of all the Learner, qualification and Centre records on the Institutes database
- Act as main point of contact for potential Centre and Centre enquiries
- Registration of all Learners for a range of the Institutes qualifications and programmes and communicating details to Centres
- Supply of materials and literature (soft and hard copy) to all Centres and maintenance of stock levels
- Administer the Humanitarian Logistics Certification programme and other bespoke programmes as required
- Maintenance of the Centre Directory
- Maintain a Centre visits schedule, visit reports and provide support as required for the External Verifiers/Moderators
- Administer events associated with qualifications, including Centre Days, Social Media, External Verifier/Moderator meetings
- Prepare all statistical information on qualifications required by the Awarding Organisation and the Regulator
- Responsible for raising purchase orders and invoices in respect of transactions within their area and recording these transactions
- Production and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures for activities relevant to this post
- Assist with enquiries received via the Awarding Organisation outlook mailboxes and the Institutes CRM system.
- Act as part of the Awarding Organisation team
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Awarding Organisation Manager
Personal Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping essential
- IT literate with experience of working with databases is essential
- Experience or interest in working in the administration of qualifications is desirable
- Good communications skills with an understanding of the importance of good customer service
- Patience and a good sense of humour
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Team player
- Experience of working with overseas agencies is desirable
How to apply
To apply for this position please provide your CV and covering letter to Maureen Baillie (Maureen.Baillie@ciltuk.org.uk); your covering letter MUST include an explanation on why you consider yourself suitable, details of your current or last annual salary and your availability (notice period), plus any other information you deem to be relevant to your application, to Maureen Baillie