Summary of the role
As the pioneer in global business education, ABE was founded more than 40 years ago with a clear social purpose to improve business education for aspiring entrepreneurs in developing countries, many of which are now high-growth economies. That pioneering spirit remains as we seize new challenges to engage millennials with flexible and relevant learning content and credentials.
Today, ABE works all over the world and 1.5 million people have mastered essential modern business concepts and gained the skills and confidence to apply them through ABE’s active-learning courses. ABE continues to play a vital role in helping to diversify and grow economies, reducing inequality within and among countries, and is at the forefront of the entrepreneurial skills agenda.
Following a period of change and strategic planning, and the appointment of a new CEO, ABE is poised for growth with an exciting agenda to optimise its global qualifications market and innovate for growth with a range of education and membership initiatives.
· Provide support to the Director of Awarding and Policy to ensure arrangements for meeting regulatory obligations, in relation to qualification systems and procedures, are appropriate and effective.
· Support in the investigation of, and response to, incidents and irregularities which could compromise the integrity of delivery, assessment and awarding of qualifications including adverse effects on learners, and cases of malpractice and maladministration.
- Perform risk assessments to understand the level, significance and scope of risk and provide recommendations on mitigation and strengthening controls; ensure that your findings are recorded and followed-up with the Senior Management Team so that issues can be rectified.
- Assist in training employees on regulations but also spelling out the impact to the organisation if these are not complied with, whilst taking a pragmatic stance on solutions to take account of the challenging markets in which ABE is engaged.
- Assist with access requirements, special considerations and candidate appeals.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Manager (Centres) to support centre approval and monitoring processes, including centre risk-rating.
- Highlight or escalate areas of concern in relation to quality audits to the Director of Awarding and Policy.
- Contribute to the development of robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation, whilst maintaining a pragmatic approach to solutions and initiatives.
- Review documents and policies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests and for internal department use (e.g. information for the product department).
- Conduct internal audits on ABE’s systems, processes and evidence, providing reports, including data, to the Director of Awarding and Policy and Quality Groups (Regulatory and Compliance Committee).
- Provide advice and guidance on how to improve and strengthen procedures balancing compliance with efficiency, but also finding pragmatic solutions that serve the markets ABE serves.
- Perform various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects).
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance, and to provide necessary information needed to ensure scrutiny of product portfolio.
- Carry out quality checks of the assignment-based assessments on malpractice and maladministration decisions and provide relevant information to the Product Department.
- Ensure self-regulated products and processes adhere to internally-scoped risk indicators.
How to apply
Application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org please include your CV and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons for your interest in the role and your suitability.