ASDAN is a successful education charity and awarding organisation for a range of qualifications, programmes and curriculum resources used by more than 3,000 schools, colleges and other education providers in the UK and internationally.
We provide courses and qualifications from pre-Entry to Level 3, which offer flexible ways to accredit personal and social education, skills development and enrichment activities, mainly for the 11–25 age group.
This is an exciting time to consider getting involved with ASDAN. We have ambitious plans to strengthen and expand our curriculum programmes and qualifications, and make better use of our experience and connectivity as a leading education charity to enable children and young people make the most of their talents and abilities.
We are seeking to extend our panel of freelance External Quality Assurers (EQAs) in the following qualifications:
· Certificate and Awards of Personal Effectiveness Levels 1–3
· Personal and Social Development (PSD) Entry 1 to Level 2
· Employability Qualifications Entry 2 to Level 3
· Diploma in Life Skills Entry 1 to Entry 3
· Entry 1 qualifications in Personal Progress
ASDAN is looking for EQAs to cover work on a freelance basis in the North of England, Scotland, London, South and South-West of England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
EQAs will conduct both remote and face-to-face activities to assess the following areas:
- · planning and delivery methods of each qualification
- · assessment methods used
- · robustness of the internal quality assurance system
- · management of centres
- · conduct centre approval visits
- · make accurate decisions based on relevant evidence provided by recognised centres
- · attend regular meetings as required for standardisation purposes
- · complete all related external quality assurance documentation in line with ASDAN’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
Successful applicants are required to:
- · hold a V1 or A1 qualification or equivalent (TAQA Level 3 and 4)
- · hold or be working towards Level 4 external quality assurance qualification
- · have a minimum regulated qualification at Level 3 in your specialist subjects
- · have at least 3 years’ previous experience either training or assessing in the relevant subject area and an up-to-date CPD log to evidence current knowledge
- · provide a recent, enhanced DBS certificate
ASDAN will support EQAs by providing a comprehensive induction programme, commencing in early January 2019, and opportunities for on-going professional development.