About the Organisation
Safety Training Awards is an Awarding Organisation that is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), Qualifications Wales (QW) and the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) and accredited by SQA Accreditation (SQAA).
Safety Training Awards offers and certificates vocational qualifications across a range of aquatic, lifesaving, first aid and health and safety disciplines. These qualifications are designed to meet both legal requirements and national occupational standards for various industries.
Safety Training Awards is a CIMSPA Awarding Organisation Partner, with all Level 2 and Level 3 aquatic and first aid qualifications endorsed to CIMSPA’s Professional Standards.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for experienced, qualified, freelance EQAs to work throughout a number of locations. Key activities will require EQAs to communicate with our Approved Training Centres (ATCs) by conducting face to face monitoring activities and / or via remote activities to monitor and verify the following areas:
· Plan EQA activities and / or visits to indicate
o Areas of good practice
o Areas for improvement
o Areas of non-compliance
o Recommendations for improvements and any sanctions thus providing feedback to Safety Training Awards to aid continuous improvement
· The management of the ATC
o Assess the managerial resource and administrative arrangements that support the delivery of Safety Training Awards regulated and non-regulated qualifications
o Assess the workforce is that of an appropriate size and competence to undertake the delivery, assessment and internal quality assurance practices
· The appropriate planning and delivery of each qualification, in line with Safety Training Awards qualification specifications
· Assessment methods used
o Observe and assess the effectiveness of training delivery and assessment
o Assess the compliance to governance arrangements
· The internal quality assurance system
o Observe and assess the effectiveness of internal quality assurance practices
· Evaluate learner experience from data gathered by Safety Training Awards alongside learner interviews to ensure learner needs are being met
· Attend standardisation and training meetings, contributing to continuous review of Safety Training Awards quality procedures.
It is essential for you to have the commitment to undertake and maintain an appropriate level of CPD annually which will involve submitting reflective statements. This methodology will ensure that the relevant occupational competency is up-to-date and in line with regulatory requirements.
It is essential for EQAs to hold a minimum of 3 years plus EQA experience in the wider leisure industry including relevant EQA / TQA qualification or acceptable equivalent. EQAs must hold recent and relevant 3 years plus occupational experience that is specific to the leisure industry at a higher level than that they will be undertaking EQA activities for.
· Good ICT skills (training will be given on our internal systems)
· Strong organisational skills
· Excellent planning skills
· Effective communication skills
· Good decision maker and problem solver
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Access to a laptop / computer
· Ideally hold a full, clean UK driving license
· Ideally have access to a vehicle