About the Organisation
Safety Training Awards is an Awarding Organisation that is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), Qualifications Wales and the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) and accredited by SQA Accreditation.
Safety Training Awards offers and certificates vocational qualifications across a range of aquatic, lifesaving and health and safety disciplines. These qualifications are designed to meet both legal requirements and national occupational standards for various industries.
Safety Training Awards is a CIMSPA Awarding Organisation Partner, with all Level 2 and Level 3 aquatic and first aid qualifications endorsed to CIMSPA’s Professional Standards.
Summary of the Role
We are recruiting for two Non-Executive Directors to become members of our Awarding Organisation (AO) Governing Body. The Governing Body will meet on a quarterly basis to review and monitor the AO’s compliance strategy and regulatory performance.
The Governing Body will have the following responsibilities:
· Must be aware of the organisation’s degree of compliance and conditions
· Must assure itself that the organisation is compliant with its regulatory requirements, or where the organisation is not compliant, steps are being taken to rectify this
· Must assure itself that where the organisation fails to comply with its regulatory requirements, there are suitable control mechanisms in place to manage resulting actions
· Must assure itself that in taking actions to meet its regulatory requirements, the organisation has evaluated any potential associated risks to its operations
· Ensures that the AO’s aims, and objectives are being met consistently.
It is essential that the Non-Executive Directors have experience within the education sector and have a good understanding and/or knowledge of how the compliance and assurance functions should operate effectively within an organisation. Experience, understanding and/or knowledge of the General Conditions of Recognition and the Regulatory Principles are desirable for this post.
· Strong organisational skills
· Excellent planning skills
· Effective communication skills
· Good decision maker and problem solver
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Available for quarterly face to face meetings at the head office.