Summary of the role
NOCN has been creating opportunities through learning for 30 years; it is a leading international Awarding Organisation and End Point Assessment (EPA) Organisation which believes passionately in the power of education and its positive impact. As an expanding, progressive charity with a social not commercial focus, it is at the forefront of apprenticeships, vocational and technical skills development and it is the market leading expert in EPA. NOCN works in various sectors including Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing, Health Care, Finance and Retail and it is a Leader in Diversity and Investor in People.
NOCN is looking for someone who is an experienced corporate HR professional with knowledge of the FE Sector, a natural team player with genuine personal integrity and all the legal knowhow to support a growing organisation. The person we are looking for will ideally have the following mix of skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level, committed personal CPD and hold membership of CIPD or similar professional body.
- Understand the requirements for HR and organisational development within a Group of Companies and have experience working in a Senior HR role, ideally in the education sector.
- Knowledge of employment law, TUPE and redundancy best practice, able to apply this knowledge using a pragmatic and common sense approach.
- Familiarity with the education sector and the areas that the NOCN group operates inA high level of genuine and sincere professional integrity, understanding the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative approach to team work, being open and approachable and able to form good relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- A good problem solver, working to tight deadlines, adapting to change, and generating effective and pragmatic solutions.
- Sound commercial acumen, financial understanding, excellent planning, admin and IT skills, an analytical approach to work, attention to detail, be flexible in working hours and willing to travel.
For full a job description, see below.
- Report to the Group Director of Corporate Services, the HR Manager will be responsible for the strategic direction of HR within NOCN Group.
- Ensure NOCN Group remains compliant within its legal and statutory obligations, ensuring a high standard of compliance under HR and employment law.
- Responsible for leading strategic HR development and maintenance of HR systems, processes, policies and infrastructure.
- Responsible for senior level decision making within HR, liaising with the Group Directorate to ensure consistency of practice.
- Manage individuals responsible for HR, support Directors, Heads and Managers, ensuring consistency, adherence to policy and a transformational approach to people management.
- Lead on: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, coordinating the EDI Team, maintaining Leaders in Diversity accreditation, the maintenance and improvement of Investors in People and the annual PDR process.
- Manage NOCN’s internal apprenticeship programme.
- Coordinate the annual skills matrix process and training needs analysis across the Group, as well as providing information on HR KPI’s including sickness and staff turnover.
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter explaining in detail with examples why you are the best person for this position to: email@example.com
For an informal chat call Bridget Randall, Executive Assistant, on 0300 999 1177.