Ascentis is an established Awarding Organisation recognised by Ofqual, creating valuable, cutting edge qualifications for FE Colleges, Private Training Providers, Schools, Employers and many other organisations both in the UK and overseas and is an established Access Validating Agency recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. Ascentis is based in Lancaster, a historic vibrant university city, rich in cultural heritage and within easy reach of the motorway and the Lake District. Further information can be found at our website, www.ascentis.co.uk.
We have the following vacancy:
Head of Compliance and Quality Assurance for Access
Salary: £38,756 per annum
Working Pattern: Full Time – 36.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Contract Types: Permanent
You will be responsible for all compliance activity in relation to the Access to HE programme by directing and coordinating activities to ensure that Ascentis’ compliance regime and processes are maintained in accordance with the guidelines stipulated by all relevant regulatory body requirements and policy.
The role will also be responsible for defining, developing, communicating, implementing and monitoring Ascentis’ regulatory compliance policies and monitoring plan, with responsibility for the monitoring and assessment of compliance across all Ascentis’ core functions.
Management responsibilities will include providing leadership to the Quality Assurance and Internal Audit functions and working collaboratively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement Quality Assurance and compliance systems and process improvements as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Manage the relationship with the regulator the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) and any others in the future;
- Ensure Ascentis complies with the Regulators regulations and criteria;
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on relevant regulatory authority related activity;
- Represent Ascentis as the designated senior manager in relation to all inspections and related activities instigated by any of the regulators in relation to this role;
- Direct and lead on the design, implementation and continuous improvement of systems in relation to the internal and external quality assurance functions; including centre recognition and qualification approval, reasonable adjustments, special considerations, appeals, malpractice and maladministration, centre sanctions;
- Be responsible for the quality and accuracy of data held on Quartz and other relevant systems either IT or paper based, taking into account Data Protection Regulations;
- Direct the process in relation to making data returns to the regulators as required;
So, So, if you have a flair for compliance and quality assurance in the Education sector and are interested in joining an innovative, forward looking company we would be delighted to hear from you.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays which equates to 33 days leave
- Staff Development Programme
- Pension scheme
- Incremental Service benefits
- 24 hour Employee Helpline
- Cycle to work scheme