Summary of the role
Ascentis is an established Awarding Organisation recognised by Ofqual and also an established Access Validating Agency recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, creating valuable, cutting edge qualifications for FE Colleges, Training Providers, Schools, Employers and many other organisations both in the UK and overseas. Ascentis is based in Lancaster, a historic vibrant university city, rich in cultural heritage and within easy reach of the M6. Further information can be found at our website, www.ascentis.co.uk.
We have the following vacancy:
Home-Based Assessment Writers – Access to HE
We are looking for Consultant Assessment Writers to work on creating assessment papers for Level 3 Access to HE in for the following subjects:
- Statistical and Mathematical Methods
- Engineering Science
- Management and HR
This is a great opportunity for education professionals with genuine passion and expertise in their subject and will be responsible for setting test items, question papers and mark schemes.
This role can be undertaken alongside teaching commitments, although you will be expected to attend a limited number of meetings in Lancaster.
Some of the key deliverables of the role are:
- Writing quality assessment papers that offer fair and robust assessment and adhere to the specification
- The development of clear and accurate mark schemes which support reliable marking
Key Skills required
- Subject knowledge in Level 3/Access to HE Subjects
- Teaching or assessing Level 3 qualifications
- Awareness of Access to HE
- Insight into topics that will engage and interest learners
- Awareness of assessment methodology and issues of validity and reliability
- Attention to detail and ability to give clear and accurate explanations
- Meeting deadlines
We would be particularly interested in candidates that have experience of working in education and/or an understanding of awarding body procedures and processes.
So, if you have a flair for curriculum development and are interested in joining an innovative, forward looking company we would be pleased to hear from you.
How to apply
Further information and how to apply
- To discuss this post further please contact Helen Butler on 01524 845046
- To apply send in a cover letter with an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for receipt of applications: 1st September 2018