Summary of the role
Ascentis is an established Awarding Organisation recognised by Ofqual and also an established Access Validating Agency recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, creating valuable, cutting edge qualifications for FE Colleges, Training Providers, Schools, Employers and many other organisations both in the UK and overseas. Further information can be found at our website, www.ascentis.co.uk.
We have the following vacancies:
Home-Based Assessment Writers
We are looking for Consultant to work with us on writing and reviewing Level 3 assessments in the following subjects:
This is a great opportunity for education professionals with genuine passion and expertise in their subject and will be responsible for writing and reviewing units, assessments and indicative content.
This role can be undertaken alongside teaching commitments, although you may be expected to attend a limited number of meetings in Lancaster, some can be electronic.
Some of the key deliverables of the role are:
- Subject knowledge in Level 2 or 3 Subjects or above
- Teaching or assessing at Level 2 or 3 qualifications or above
- Insight into topics that will engage and interest learners
- Awareness of assessment methodology and issues of validity and reliability
- Attention to detail and ability to give clear and accurate explanations
- Meeting deadlines
We would be particularly interested in candidates that have experience of working in education and/or an understanding of awarding body procedures and processes.
So, if you have a flair for curriculum development and are interested in joining an innovative, forward looking company we would be pleased to hear from you.
How to apply
Further information and how to apply
- To discuss this post further please contact Diane Sammon on 01524 845046
- To apply send in a cover letter with an up to date CV to email@example.com