The world of Apprenticeships in the UK is changing dramatically and we’re looking for occupationally competent Independent End-point Assessors for our Operational Delivery Officer Apprenticeship Standard to help us drive forward our End-point Assessment service.
Operational Delivery Officers have the vital job of keeping the country running. They make sure that citizens get the services and protection they need, and help people understand what is available and what they need to do to comply with the rules. Operational Delivery Officers make a difference every day to the lives of millions of people. They do hundreds of jobs in most departments and agencies in central government. They also work in local government, delivering services for towns, cities, boroughs or counties.
What we’re looking for…
City & Guilds has years of experience supporting the design and delivery of apprenticeship programmes. Our apprenticeships are seen as the benchmark in key industries, and we are proud to say we have been approved to deliver a number of Independent End-point Assessments across the new Apprenticeship Standards.
We are looking for qualified Independent End-point Assessors to carry out End-point Assessments for these new Standards to help us ensure quality in the apprenticeship system, building on the trust and reputation that comes with our heritage.
In your role with us, you will be assessing apprentice competence against an industry specific standard – in this case, Operational Delivery Officer.
To do this role effectively, you need to have:
* Up-to-date, demonstrable, occupational industry experience and competence.
* Proficient IT skills, with experience of using key business software e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* Good organisational and planning skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience of producing published reports and feedback material
* Availability to attend, or manage, key activities throughout the year
* Ideally, you will already possess an Assessor qualification (Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment or its equivalent) and an Internal Quality Assurer qualification (Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment processes and practices or its equivalent)
It’s important to note that our Independent End-point Assessors are contracted on an annual basis, and that this is not a permanent role with City & Guilds.
* Assessing and documenting apprentice competence against industry specific apprenticeship standards, at designated venues using the stated assessment methods.
* Providing advice and support on end-point assessment sites and to the End-point Assessment team
* Participating in standardisation activities, to ensure a consistent approach to independent end-point assessment.
* Maintaining a thorough knowledge of City & Guilds Independent End-point Assessment policies and procedures.
Why work for us…
Founded in 1878, City & Guilds is a world leader in skills education. We believe in a world where people and organisations have the confidence and capabilities to prosper, today and in the future – and that includes the people who work for us.
When you join you’ll take part in introductory training sessions along with other Assessors, to make sure you feel informed on everything from our structure, policy and procedures, through to the regulatory requirements.
You’ll have on-going help and support through a range of updates, webinars and briefings, making sure you are kept up-to-date with End-point Assessment requirements.