Independent End-point Assessors – Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor
Company: City and Guilds
Salary: Daily contracted rate (competitive)
Contract Type: Annual contract. The number of contracted days will vary, depending
Upon apprentice numbers for end-point assessment
Location: Nationwide with willingness to travel if required
The world of Apprenticeships in the UK is changing dramatically and we’re looking for talented Independent End-point Assessors to help us drive forward this exciting future.
Designed for Level 3 managers with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role. They'll likely have job titles like Supervisor, Team Leader, Project Officer, Shift Supervisor, Foreperson, and Shift Manager.
What we’re looking for…
City & Guilds has years of experience supporting the design and delivery of apprenticeship programmes. Our apprenticeships are seen as the benchmark in key industries, and we are proud to say we have been approved to deliver a number of Independent End-point Assessments across the new Apprenticeship Standards.
We are looking for qualified Independent End-Point Assessors for these new Standards to help us ensure quality in the apprenticeship system, building on the trust and reputation that comes with our heritage.
In your role for us, you will be assessing apprentice competence against an industry specific standard. To do this role effectively, you need to have:
· Up-to-date, demonstrable, occupational industry experience and competence.
· Proficient IT skills, with experience of using key business software e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
· Good organisation and planning skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience of producing published reports and feedback material
· Availability to attend, or manage, key activities throughout the year
· Ideally, you will already possess an Assessor qualification (Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment, Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, A1 or D32/D33)
It’s important to note that our Independent End-point Assessors are contracted on an annual basis, and that this is not a permanent role with City & Guilds.
As an Independent End-point Assessor, you will be responsible for:
· Assessing and documenting apprentice competence against industry specific Apprenticeship Standards, at designated venues using the stated assessment methods.
· Providing advice and support at end-point assessment sites, and to the end-point assessment team.
· Taking part in standardisation activities to ensure a consistent approach to independent end-point assessment.
· Maintaining a thorough knowledge of City & Guilds independent end-point assessment policies and procedures.
Why work for us…
Founded in 1878, City & Guilds is a world leader in skills education. We believe in a world where people and organisations have the confidence and capabilities to prosper, today and in the future – and that includes the people who work for us.
When you join you’ll take part in introductory training sessions along with other assessors, to make sure you feel informed - on everything from our structure, policy and procedures, through to the regulatory requirements – and empowered to deliver on your work.
You’ll have on-going help and support - through a range of updates, webinars and briefings – making sure you are kept up-to-date with quality assurance and qualification requirements.