Summary of the role
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated and dynamic person to become our Industry Manager for the Construction and Utilities sector. Your knowledge of this industry and its future skills needs will be vital in determining our strategic approach and our future product mix. This role will work out of our London EC1A offices.
About the role
You will be the source of key insights into the skills and training needs of this industry area in the City & Guilds UK and international markets. By establishing deep and sustainable relationships with employers, their trade and professional associations and other key industry stakeholders, you will identify valuable partnerships and opportunities for our products and services. You'll commission qualification packages and services that are demonstrably superior to existing products in the marketplace.
Managing high profile partnerships with key stakeholders as well as looking at new opportunities to link with the industry, you will have strong connections to support and feed into your Industry Board who in turn will support you with any future bids and tenders linked to current education reform.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create, communicate and maintain a strategy for the industry that demonstrates understanding of the industry/employers/professional/trade bodies, market (Global, Nations and UK) and industry performance
- Being the authority of your industry
- Gain and evidence credible support for our products based on real and lasting employer involvement in the design, development and testing of our products and services
- Work side by side with your Technical Advisors ensuring customers come first
- Work in conjunction with our product managers, category managers and others to ensure that colleagues across the business have access to timely and accurate information about propositions and products to enable them to meet their objectives
- Develop and manage a portfolio of high quality and high value products and services in collaboration and consultation with category managers.
You will need to have gained credible experience working within the construction and utilities industry ideally in a training and development role. You should possess a passion for representing the skills needs of this sector and the drive and determination to work across the City & Guilds business at all levels to promote the best interests and profile of the industry both internally for all parts of the business and externally for employers and learners.
We need you to have a genuine appetite for working with all forms of data including LMI and financial to fully inform commercial propositions and the products and services strategy for construction and utilities. An analytical nature will help drive your awareness of this sector and that of City & Guilds.