About the Organisation
Safety Training Awards is an Awarding Organisation that is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), Qualifications Wales (QW) and the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) and accredited by SQA Accreditation (SQAA).
Safety Training Awards offers and certificates vocational qualifications across a range of aquatic, lifesaving, first aid and health and safety disciplines. These qualifications are designed to meet both legal requirements and national occupational standards for various industries.
Safety Training Awards is a CIMSPA Awarding Organisation Partner, with all Level 2 and Level 3 aquatic and first aid qualifications endorsed to CIMSPA’s Professional Standards.
Summary of the Role
We are seeking an experienced Lead External Quality Assurer (LEQA) to manage a team of freelance EQAs who are operating nationwide to conduct external quality assurance monitoring activities within our Approved Training Centres (ATCs). The LEQA will be based in our office in Walsall and will be allocated a caseload of ATCs so travelling nationwide will be included within this role.
Key activities will require the LEQA to communicate with our Approved Training Centres (ATCs) by carrying out face to face monitoring activities and / or remote activities to check and verify the following areas:
· Plan EQA activities and / or visits to indicate
o Areas of good practice
o Areas for improvement
o Areas of non-compliance
o Recommendations for improvements and any sanctions thus providing feedback to Safety Training Awards to aid continuous improvement
· The management of the ATC
o Assess the managerial resource and administrative arrangements that support the delivery of Safety Training Awards regulated and non-regulated qualifications
o Assess the workforce is that of an appropriate size and competence to undertake the delivery, assessment and internal quality assurance practices
· The appropriate planning and delivery of each qualification, in line with Safety Training Awards qualification specifications
· Assessment methods used
o Observe and assess the effectiveness of training delivery and assessment
o Assess the compliance to governance arrangements
· The internal quality assurance system
o Observe and assess the effectiveness of internal quality assurance practices
· Evaluate learner experience from data gathered by Safety Training Awards alongside learner interviews to ensure learner needs are being met
· Attend standardisation and training meetings, contributing to continuous review of Safety Training Awards quality procedures. It is essential for you to have the commitment to undertake and maintain an appropriate level of CPD annually which will involve submitting reflective statements. This methodology will ensure that the relevant occupational competency is up-to-date and in line with regulatory requirements.
It is essential for the LEQA to have managerial experience and to hold a minimum of 3 years plus EQA experience in the wider leisure industry, including a relevant Lead EQA / TQA qualification or acceptable equivalent. The LEQA must hold recent and relevant 3 years plus occupational experience that is specific to the leisure industry at a higher level than that they will be undertaking EQA activities for.
· Good ICT skills (training will be given on our internal systems)
· Strong organisational skills
· Excellent planning skills
· Effective communication skills
· Managerial skills
· Good decision maker and problem solver
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Must hold a full, clean UK driving license
This position will be based at our office in Walsall West Midlands and will include regular travelling nationwide.