Summary of the role
NCC Education currently has a Module Leader vacancy for the Information Systems Project module on the BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems run in partnership with the University of Central Lancashire.
Overview of the role
Delivery of programme module:
- To coordinate and deliver new student inductions during week zero of each semester. This will also include recording of a video introduction at NCC Education Head Office.
- To post lead messages in each Discussion Forum with relevant activity questions or tasks and to proactively encourage students to engage with the interactive aspects of the programme. To follow up with any students who are not engaging.
- To review students’ discussion forum posts and provide timely feedback for each topic posting which students make; to ensure that feedback is meaningful and, where a student’s contribution has been poor, includes reference to suitable follow up reading or exercises.
- To ensure that all assessment complies with course specifications, in conjunction with the Course Director.
- To guide students through the writing of the initial proposal, interim report and final submission of their Information Systems project
- To review module material (primarily, but not limited to booklists, topic references and other module resources links) and ensure content is appropriate and up to date before the start of each semester; to make any revisions as required, in conjunction with the Programme Development department and other staff at NCC Education.
- To set and inform students of their live chat times for the semester, in conjunction with the NCC Education Programme Development department.
- To review the semester timetable and note key dates for the following tasks, in conjunction with the Course Director, Programme Development department and other staff at NCC Education:
- Download students’ submitted assignments from the NCC Education VLE
- Mark all module assignments and liaise with Course Director on second - marking/moderation process.
- Provide collated assignment feedback document to NCC Education staff
- To attend the Examination Board and Joint Board of Studies meetings as required (including where necessary contributing to any preliminary Departmental Panels of Enquiry), and to provide a report (either verbally or in writing) to such meetings.
- To undertake other tasks from time to time which support NCC Education in its ongoing monitoring, review and enhancement of the module.
- Relevant subject qualification awarded by an institution based in the United Kingdom and at a level equal to or above (preferred) the qualification that the unit(s) contributes to.
- Teaching experience (minimum 3 years) in Further or Higher Education in a subject area relevant to the unit(s).
- Experience of producing relevant assessment artefacts (including Marking Schemes and preferably Grade Descriptors).
- Knowledge of the educational sector(s) in which NCC Education operates.
Should you wish to find out more, please contact James Whittaker at email@example.com
How to apply
Apply online here
or visit our Careers page here