Summary of the role
Ascentis is an established Awarding Organisation recognised by Ofqual and also an established Access Validating Agency recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, creating valuable, cutting edge qualifications for FE Colleges, Training Providers, Schools, Employers and many other organisations both in the UK and overseas. Ascentis is based in Lancaster, a historic vibrant university city, rich in cultural heritage and within easy reach of the M6. Further information can be found at our website, www.ascentis.co.uk.
We have the following vacancy:
Multiple Choice Question Writers
We are looking for multiple choice question writers to work on creating question banks for our Short Online Qualifications from Entry 3 to Level 2 in a range of topics. Please see our current qualifications that are available https://www.ascentis.co.uk/svqs.
This is a great opportunity for education professionals with genuine passion and expertise in their subject and will be responsible for writing multiple choice papers in a range of subjects.
Key Skills required
· Ability to writer concise multiple choice questions with a clear stem and descriptors
- Teaching or assessing experience
- Insight into relevant topics that will engage and interest learners
- Awareness of assessment methodology and issues of validity and reliability
- Attention to detail and ability to give clear and accurate explanations
- Meeting deadlines
We would be particularly interested in candidates that have experience of working in education and/or an understanding of awarding body procedures and processes.
So, if you have a flair for curriculum development and are interested in joining an innovative, forward looking company we would be pleased to hear from you.
How to apply
Further information and how to apply
- To discuss this post further please contact Helen Butler on 01524 845046
- To apply send in a cover letter with an up to date CV to email@example.com
- Deadline for receipt of applications: 1st September 2018