Summary of the role
Job Title – Partnerships Manager
Location - Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary Range - Circa £28,000 p.a.
Contract Type - Permanent
Our mission is to make IT good for society and as part of the Academy of Computing our aim is to ensure that every child in every school has access to a high-quality computing education. To help us to achieve that aim we have a range of strategic programmes that impact on the skills and capability of computing teachers. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of effective partnerships to help us achieve our fundraising goals including delivery of the Employee Engagement workstream, part of the National Centre for Computing Education.
- Responsible for Partnerships portfolio including budget and operational processes, overseeing activity and ensuring programme success;
- Identify opportunities to generate fund raising goals in support of our strategic objectives;
- Develop and implement fund raising activity plans in collaboration with colleagues;
- Represent BCS externally amongst stakeholders and influencers inspiring confidence, positivity and ambition to improve computing education in the UK;
- Develop plans for monitoring and managing the performance and efficiency of each project;
- Support, coach, mentor and manage a team to ensure fair, consistent approach of workloads and development to produce a highly effective team;
Who we are looking for:
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven ability to secure sponsorships/grants/awards
- Commercial experience combined with an understanding / affinity for the Not for Profit sector
- Proven experience of influencing and inspiring others
- Demonstrable experience of the Computing Education landscape in the UK
- Proven experience of delivering successful outcomes
- Proven experience of managing and tracking budgets
- Proven experience of managing a small team
Competencies & skills
- Ability to inspire and influence at all levels
- Exceptional written and oral communications
- Confident in public, ability to represent the organisation externally with well-developed presentation skills
- Regular travel throughout the UK
- A full UK driving license
- Ability to work outside office hours/weekends/attend social or networking events or conferences
We are dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package, including 23 days annual leave, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, PMI and parking.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
No recruitment agencies please.
#BCSvacancies #Education #Computing #Memberships
How to apply
To apply and be considered for this role, please forward a copy of your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com