ASDAN is a successful education charity and awarding organisation for a range of qualifications, programmes and curriculum resources used by more than 3,000 schools, colleges and other education providers in the UK and internationally.
We provide courses and qualifications from pre-Entry to Level 3, which offer flexible ways to accredit personal and social education, skills development and enrichment activities, mainly for the 11–25 age group.
This is an exciting time to consider getting involved with ASDAN. We have ambitious plans to strengthen and expand our curriculum programmes and qualifications, and make better use of our experience and connectivity as a leading education charity to enable children and young people make the most of their talents and abilities.
Summary of the role:
We are recruiting for a Principal Moderator (PM) in the following qualification:
· ASDAN Level 3 Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
The Principal Moderator, supported by ASDAN’s Qualifications Manager, oversees the moderation process, which is carried out by a team of trained and standardised external moderators on behalf of ASDAN.
· Support the Qualifications Manager with recruitment, selection and training of new moderators.
· Contribute to the development and delivery of moderator and centre training, standardisation sessions and sampling/advisory activities. Develop standardisation materials to support centre marking activity.
· Monitor and support an allocated team of moderators, to ensure a standardised and consistent approach to quality assurance processes, moderation and feedback.
· Produce Principal Moderator report, identifying and commenting on trends and issues observed by moderators, centres and moderator sampling and take part in Awarding meetings.
· Support moderation activity (where necessary), undertake and document moderation and advisory activities with centres, in line with quality assurance guidelines.
The Principal Moderator will need to be available to attend or manage key activities throughout the year, especially around the autumn and summer term moderation windows.
The Principal Moderator will need to be available for up to 12 days a year (for 2018/19 year it is anticipated this will be for 6 days).
The successful applicant will be required to:
· have experience of a principal moderator role and of moderating the Extended Project Qualification
· have (as a minimum) a qualification at Level 3 in their specialist subject
· have at least 3 years’ previous experience either teaching or marking at Level 3
· have experience of producing reports and training/guidance material
· have proficient IT skills with experience of using key business software e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel
· provide a recent, enhanced DBS certificate.