Summary of the role
We are looking for a motivated and dynamic Senior Product Developer, to develop and review products for the NOCN Group whilst contributing to the development of internal working practices.
Can you develop and review products in specified sectors/sub-sectors?
Can you take a hands on approach to developing products which meet customer demand and expectations in terms of quality, timescales and external quality assurance?
Can you work at an analytical level and contribute to the development of processes and procedures to ensure efficient working practices?
Then this is the role for you!
Who are we?
NOCN is a leading national Awarding Organisation and Apprenticeship Assessment Organisation for technical and vocational qualifications. It is committed to delivering high quality products and services to the FE sector, employers, learners and apprentices. NOCN is part of NOCN Group: a progressive educational organisation at the forefront of skills development.
- Develop and review products using project management techniques which ensure the involvement of key stakeholders; including subject specialists and relevant NOCN Group staff.
- Develop and review products following NOCN Group processes and procedures to meet customer demand and expectations, and the requirements of external quality assurance, regulatory and relevant sector bodies.
- Review business cases and advise on the design/commercial viability of new products.
- Manage the process of development of products from inception to launch.
- Contribute to reviews of systems, processes and procedures, to help ensure that products are developed to a high quality
- Build and manage project teams for the development and review of products.
- Report on the progress of product development and review as required.
Key Requirements, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to a degree level
- Knowledge of qualifications in the UK
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships – SASE frameworks and Reformed Standards
- Recent experience of working with awarding organisations or similar bodies to develop vocational educational products in a competitive market
- Experience of working in education or related discipline
- Experience of managing project teams
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines by planning and organising workloads
- Ability to use own initiative and to solve problems
- Competent ICT user including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent planning and administrative skills
- Willingness to travel
Why work for us?
As you would expect of a values-driven, non-profit organisation, NOCN is an ethical employer, committed to supporting diversity and we recognise that our people are our number one resource. This means that recruiting and retaining top talent and helping to fulfil everyone's rich potential is paramount to what we do.
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following:
- 27 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays and 3 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year
- 35 hour week
- Generous salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Dress-down Fridays
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Tax-free childcare
- Support for training and development (Investors in People)
How to apply
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, CV and a covering letter,explaining why you are the best fit for the role, to: email@example.com
Please specify the role that you are applying for in the subject header of the email.
The full Job Description/Person Specifcation and Equal Opportunities Form can be found at: www.nocn.org.uk/about/careers/