The awarding sector is particularly well positioned to grow rapidly for the following reasons:
- UK education is held in high regard and UK qualifications are considered to be based on world class standards assessed fairly and with integrity.
- In an increasingly globalised labour market, UK qualifications are some of the few that have international currency.
- The UK awarding body structure provides a more flexible and dynamic approach than the usual government departments responsible for qualification development/deployment in almost all countries.
- UK qualifications are in English, particularly important with international businesses who tend to use English internally.
- A move to computer assessment dramatically reduces the costs to deploy qualifications and can increase validity.
The Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB) will support and encourage members to begin offering or expand their international markets.
We will represent the interests of the vocational awarding sector and work with partners including:
- UKTI – especially as a Trade Challenge Partner
- British Council
- UK NARIC
Support for members will include:
- International group – this is open to all members and will run a minimum of twice per year
- Seminars – FAB will arrange suitable seminars, particularly at the national conference
- Webinars – we will provide 6+ webinars on topics related to international markets
- Information – we will channel third party information via weekly update and the website
- Trade missions – we will explore the potential for future trade missions/pavilions
- Materials – including webinar recordings available via the website
- Advice – FAB will support members by providing advice over the phone and signposting support.