Academy Training Course: Handling Complaints, Enquiries, and Appeals (online version)
December 2 @ 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
This training is aimed at those staff within awarding bodies who have overarching responsibility for the operation of effective procedures and processes and are accountable to the regulator. They may be a manager or team leader responsible for handling one or more of enquiries, complaints and appeals or be part of a team that is expected to handle any such issues effectively and with clarity and competence. The training event will provide delegates with an opportunity to consider actual scenarios and determine their response. Emphasis will be given to the style and nature of communications that are needed in this context.
The training will help delegates to:
- Distinguish between enquiries, complaints and appeals.
- Identify the key features for the effective handling of enquiries, complaints and appeals whether for internal assessment based programmes and/or those requiring external testing or controlled assessments.
- Understand key regulatory requirements in this area.
- Consider the basic tools, procedures and templates needed to help ensure effective handling of enquiries, complaints and appeals.
- Understand the communication requirements in each of these areas and the role of centres.
- Identify the developments needed in each delegate’s own work environment and design an action plan to ensure necessary issues are tackled.
The course is taught through a combination of pre-course activities and a one-day live online lesson via Zoom.