Academy Training Course: Media Interview Skills
April 22, 2021 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Federation of Awarding Bodies is running a series of four online training events on media skills between November 2020 to January 2021. The courses are being delivered by Aysha Iqbal, former reporter and newsreader for BBC spotlight and ITV South West. Aysha has over 16 years of media industry experience working in the British media and is a recipient of the prestigious a Sony Gold Award for her work on a Radio 1 documentary.
In this media interview skills training course you will be prepared to handle a media interview with ease and elegance representing yourself and your organisation in the best light. The course will cover:
- What a media interview is all about and what journalists are looking for in a media interview with you.
- Become familiar with the different types of media interview from a down the line, pre recorded, on location and studio interview
- Know what to say in a media interview to ensure you leave a positive lasting impression. Also learn what NOT to say or do.
- Know how to prepare for your interview beforehand and what questions to ask the journalist before you agree to do an interview.
- Learn how to take control of a difficult interview and handle tough questions by using the bridging technique and developing your key messages.
- Know how to get your desired messages across clearly.