Academy Training Course: Public Speaking Skills
May 6, 2021 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Federation of Awarding Bodies is running a series of four online training events on media skills between November 2020 to January 2021. The courses are being delivered by Aysha Iqbal, former reporter and newsreader for BBC spotlight and ITV South West. Aysha has over 16 years of media industry experience working in the British media and is a recipient of the prestigious a Sony Gold Award for her work on a Radio 1 documentary.
If you want to deliver a memorable public speech, this public speaking training session will help you short-cut your way to public speaking excellence without the need for years of sweating it out and learning from mistakes and bad experiences. In this public speaking session, you will learn to:
- Overcome your limiting beliefs and fear of public speaking through the latest psychological and physiological techniques.
- Learn how to connect with your audience and instantly build rapport.
- Get your message across creatively, clearly and concisely so that it’s never forgotten.
- Use the most persuasive arguments to convince the audience of your point of view from telling stories, using powerful facts and figures and strong examples.
- Use effective body language to appear confident and use your voice for and vocal expression for maximum impact.