- This event has passed.
Academy Training Course: Malpractice investigation interviewing and management – Advanced techniques (Day 3)
July 17 @ 10:15 am – 4:30 pm
Delegates attending this day would usually be expected to have previously attended the Day 2 training on Malpractice and Investigative Interviewing. The purpose of the day is to provide delegates with the tools and techniques that may be used to provide/underpin effective evidence gathering and which will include:
This course builds on the learning from the Day 2 course and will be relevant to awarding body staff who may become involved in more complex investigations, perhaps involving fraud, where there may be a need to prepare evidence for court or formal review/decision making bodies.
- Analysis Techniques to support planning
- Tools to support more effective interviewing
- Use and value of imaging and Illustrations for retrieval of memory
- Noting deception signs (in clusters) to support effective probing
The day will be a mixture of input and exercises but with the balance of activity on the practical use of the tools and techniques involved. At the end of the training attendees will be able to:
- Identify and use the tools which may be used to build up effective and valid evidence
- Agree conventions for the identification and recording of details
- Understand the importance of baseline behaviour
- Understand the effective handling /management of resistance and/or barriers.
- Identify and access relevant law
- Recognise the key features of specialist interviewing techniques
- Understand types of memory and the effective retrieval of detail (including amnesia).
Tutor: John Black
Price: Members – ?340.00 + VAT (log in for discount to be applied)
Non Members – ?440.00 + VAT
Number of delegates: 15
Federation of Awarding Bodies
2 people are attending Academy Training Course: Malpractice investigation interviewing and management – Advanced techniques (Day 3)