The next steps for school resource management – policy support, leadership and management, and developing procurement best practice
March 26, 2019 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This timely conference will consider the priorities for improving resource management in schools at a time of constrained budgets, and with concerns in the sector surrounding its funding.
As the Government?s Comprehensive Spending Review is being prepared, it will be an opportunity for school leaders and other stakeholders to discuss the key issues with policymakers.
The discussion also takes place in the context of the Department for Education?s strategy for supporting school resource management, with its focus upon developing the management of the school workforce, improving procurement and equipping head teachers with the skills to lead schools.
Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss the implementation of the Strategy and the Integrated Curriculum Financial Planning model, as well as the opportunities for collaboration both in terms of procurement and expertise in driving forward standards in resource management.
The agenda also looks at:
- School leadership – creating effective management structures and cultures including training and development priorities, and learning from other models of leadership;
- School Resource Management Advisors – assessing the use of SRMAs and their potential for schools;
- The Integrated Curriculum Financial Planning Model – implementation issues and addressing concerns regarding its use at primary level;
- Procurement and supplier relationships – developing best practice and informed decision-making, and sharing expertise within the school system; and
- Accountability – the impact of the new inspection framework announced by Ofsted to be brought in for September 2019.