Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Lancaster (temporarily working from home due to the pandemic)
Working pattern: 36.5 hours per week Monday to Friday (flexible working/remote options considered)
Ascentis is an established Access Validating Agency (AVA) recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and an established Awarding Organisation recognised by Ofqual, creating valuable, cutting edge qualifications for FE Colleges, Private Training Providers, Schools, Employers, and many other organisations both in the UK and overseas.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our efficient, supportive, and innovative Compliance, and Quality Assurance Team.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, your role is to ensure compliance across our approved centres to meet the requirements of our regulators. This role is varied and interesting as we work across many different educational providers who deliver different provisions but predominantly working to maintain and enhance the standards of our Ofqual Regulated provision.
Quality Assurance Managers are tasked to ensure the delivery and assessment of our provision remains consistent and standardised to guarantee reliable and fair results.
Being supportive to our centres and ensuring they adhere to regulatory requirements is essential to this role.
Our Head Office is in Lancaster and the post will be based there, but due to the current pandemic, we are supporting working from home (following government guidance). This means we need an individual who can be a chameleon and adapt to change.
At Ascentis we truly believe we are one team therefore a big part of being successful in this role is working with different teams across the organisation, ensuring the communication is effective to achieve positive outcomes.
If you are positive, adaptable, organised, and have a keen eye for detail, this could be an opportunity for you.
The key attributes we are looking for:
- Teaching Qualification with experience delivering and assessing qualifications, or equivalent experience in the education sector and/or awarding sector
- Ideally, experience of internal and external verification of qualifications, preferably with experience of Ofqual regulated qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive in delivering continuous improvements
- Demonstrable experience in using Microsoft Office packages
Please refer to the full job description for a list of job duties and all the attributes required for the role.
Benefits of working at Ascentis
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays, plus an additional day off on your Birthday after 2 years of service and increased annual leave with long service
- Competitive pension benefits
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Incremental service benefits as a family-friendly employer, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental and Adoption Leave and Pay, Sick Pay, Life Insurance, and Compassionate Leave with Pay
- We are open to flexible working patterns, and we are currently supporting employees to work from home due to the Coronavirus pandemic
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Computer Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- 24-hour Employee Helpline and a proactive focus on wellbeing
- Fantastic new office (state of the art)
Further information and how to apply
- To discuss this post further, please contact Andy Lord, Head of Compliance and Quality Assurance via firstname.lastname@example.org Andy can reply to your email or arrange a call with you.
- To apply please send an up to date copy of your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
- Deadline for receipt of applications Tuesday 29th June 2021
- Online Interview date Tuesday 6th July 2021.
Please note that we reserve the right to close/change the vacancy before the application deadline.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org