Functional Skills Qualifications – Markers
FutureQuals are recruiting for markers and moderators for Functional Skills Qualifications On-demand assessments. We are currently offering English, Mathematics and ICT at Level 1 and Level 2.
FutureQuals are also approved to offer the reformed Functional Skills Qualifications in English and Mathematics at Level 1 and Level 2. These qualifications are available for first teaching and first assessment from 1 September 2019.
Markers mark candidate work in line with detailed marking instructions and in accordance with FutureQuals’ policies and procedures. These activities will be under the supervision of a Lead Marker.
Moderators (for Speaking, Listening and Communication components in Functional Skills English, Levels 1 and 2 only) review centres’ assessment of candidate work in accordance with the agreed criteria and FutureQuals’ procedures.
Outline of role requirements:
- Attend appropriate standardisation meeting(s) and training events as required.
- Complete marking of allocated scripts and submit marks in line with FutureQuals’ specified procedures and timescales.
- Mark to national standards in line with specific marking instructions/criteria.
- Submit a detailed marker report providing feedback on examination performance.
- You may be required to attend standardisation and/or awarding meetings.
- You will have teaching or assessment experience in the relevant subject and level.
- Ideally delivering Functional Skills Qualifications, but delivery of GCSE/GCSE (9-1) or higher level qualifications are acceptable alternatives.
- You will have a degree or equivalent.
- You will be a qualified teacher.
- You will have a private PC or laptop and broadband access.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure.
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
If you would like further information regarding this role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
To apply, please send your current CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org