T Levels Assessment Leader – (Remote working til Summer 2021)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people. We’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
At Pearson, we believe in the power of difference. Harnessing the unique skills, perspectives, and backgrounds of every employee helps us foster innovation and create the most effective solutions for learners around the world. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are embedded into everything we do. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive and diverse — and where our people can be themselves — so we can reflect the customers and learners we serve.
Pearson is featured on The Forbes list of Best Employers and The Stonewall Top 100 Employers list, and we are recognised in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York Stock Exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
About the Role
At Pearson, we are Brave, Imaginative, Decent and Accountable. We work on a variety of projects, products and services to create and maintain an excellent assessment and content experience for our learners. This role plays a key part in the delivery of all related assessment aspects for the T Levels assessments Pearson is undertaking and is accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of assessment content and outcomes in their assigned subject area. This role requires the post holder to be able to deliver key assessment tasks, in a high pressured and regulated environment on time and accurately.
T Levels are new courses that started in September 2020. Learners can enroll after completing GCSEs, and they are equivalent to three A levels. These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses, so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work. T Levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 45 days. They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.
- Will be able to work effectively on their own and as a valued member of a team
- Will engage in training and development opportunities
- Will value the needs and rights of others
- Will think customers first” to ensure a great customer experience
- Ensure accurate and timely responses to customer queries
- Use customer relationship management tools to identify opportunities to support customers further and improve the customer experience
- Analyse assessment performance data with a view to making improvements and defending decisions in relation to pass marks or the setting of grade boundaries.
- Will be able to follow tight timelines with accuracy and escalate issues if they occur
- Responsible for accurate Content and Assessment management for their allocated assessments
- Responding to key external or internal requirements, and with continued improvement and simplification in mind.
- Will build and maintain successful relationships with all our external and internal partners
- Managing performance of contracted examiners including the senior committee
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure accurate content production and timely assessment results
- Equip stakeholders with necessary content production tools, information and resources, to ensure agreed outcomes and deadlines are achieved whilst maintaining quality
Deputise for the Qualification Delivery and Award Manager and/or the Senior Content and Assessment Leader as required.
Key Skills, Behaviours and Experience
The post holder will:
- Demonstrate an interest in vocational education
- Be able to learn quickly, be curious and imaginative
- Have assessment or content creation experience
- Be able to thrive in a high-pressured and regulated environment
- Have project management capabilities
- Be resilient and not afraid to make decisions based on key pieces of information
- Be comfortable to use new technology to improve the learner experience
- Be able to communicate accurately and effectively
- Be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the assessment cycle
The postholder will:
- Hold a degree or other relevant vocational qualification or experience.
Application submission: To apply to the role, please submit an updated CV and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applications we will be reviewing applications throughout the live posting and scheduling interviews regularly so we encourage applications to be submitted as soon as possible.
Role location: This is a currently a remote working position until latest Summer 2021, where the role will then locate back to a Pearson London office location.
What Pearson can offer you
- Opportunities for career development within a growing and innovative company
- A flexible working culture and policy (25 days annual leave entitlement with options to carry on 5 days leave, buy/sell options).
- Work from Home opportunity
- A company pension scheme
- Bonus scheme and rewards scheme
- Health and dental care plan
- Wellbeing and Diversity programme
- 3 Volunteer days per year
- Discounts on flights, food, clothing, cinema, on- site gym membership etc
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: (Can be subject to change on annual basis).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org