Email Marketing and CRM Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Why join the POLS Marketing team?
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an innovative new online learning service that Pearson has launched in the UK. Working in partnership with leading UK universities across the country, the Pearson Online Learning Services teams provide online learning services including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support.
We are a new and dynamic team, often exploring new angles to stay at the forefront of Higher Education marketing. We offer a very supportive environment, with dedicated colleagues and a good team spirit. As a business unit, we are a new venture within a larger organisation. There is a dynamic start-up approach to everything we do. We are looking for individuals who bring expertise and new ideas to the table, and to grow with the business as part of a high performing team.
About The Job
As the Email Marketing and CRM Manager you will play a key role in shaping POLS UK’s customer experience. They will be responsible for ensuring that we have a best in class direct customer communication strategy, that drives lead generation, nurturing and conversion. You will be the expert within the Marketing team, guiding and supporting colleagues in the delivery of highly effective email campaigns, as well as other direct communication campaigns.
They will work closely with Partnership Marketing Managers and the Content team to curate engaging and impactful content across different University Partnerships. They will also be working closely with the data and technical teams to ensure we have the right platforms, integration and processes to roll out the communication strategy.
Planning and strategy
- Map the ideal customer communication journey and identify gaps and opportunities to deliver better customer communication and experience.
- Working with Head of Marketing and other OPM colleagues to develop a digital communication strategy for the different audience group, using existing channels such as email and SMS.
- Explore new channels and opportunities to better deliver content or messages to our customers.
- Create “test plans” to ensure continuous learning and optimisation of campaign performance.
Delivery and optimisation
- Design and roll out automated and ad hoc email campaigns based to drive customer engagement and conversion.
- Ensure email content, design and delivery are continuously optimised for maximum return.
Performance management and reporting
- Ensure all campaign performance are tracked, analysed and reported on a regular basis.
- Develop user-friendly reporting templates / dashboards to help stakeholders understand campaign performance.
Collaboration and stakeholder management
Supporting the team.
What we are looking for in you
- A talented individual who is both creative and technically savvy.
- Proficient in one or more email marketing and CRM platforms (Experience in SalesForce and Pardot is highly desirable)
- Proven experience in developing and executing email marketing strategy
- Proven experience in digital content development and delivery
- Proven strong digital copywriting skills
- Experience in working with 3rd party design agencies
- Basic HTML knowledge is desirable
- Experience in building web analytics reporting dashboard is desirable
- Experience in developing and executing integrated digital marketing campaign is desirable
- Experience in Google Analytics and other web analytics tool is desirable
More Great Things About Working At Pearson
We know you’ll work hard so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. There are a range of options and benefits, too many to list here, but when you join you can expect:
- a starting holiday of 25 days increasing to 30, with options to flex up or down
- an annual incentive plan based on company and individual performance
- generous pension scheme – contributions are double matched by Pearson
- stock purchase options
- health plans, and an employee assistance programme for you and your family, to help balance work, family and personal life including flexible working, dental plans, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans.
If we sound like a good match for you, or maybe for a friend, we’d love to receive an application. Find out more about how learning makes us, at www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org