We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
About the Content Services Centre Team
To accelerate Pearson’s digital transformation, Pearson has created a Content Services Centre (CSC) in order to:
- Simplify our content services vendor landscape & engagement model
- Help us become more efficient and effective in our content investment
- Improve our speed to market
- Ensure the market-appropriate quality of our products
- Enable our editorial and product portfolio teams to focus on product innovation.
- The CSC comprises a range of vendors, mainly offshore, based in India. These strategic outsourcing partners work closely with Pearson to deliver content services for all teams across global markets.
In its target state, by 2022, the CSC is anticipated to reach a population of c. 2500 to 3000 vendor resources, accounting for $120M spend.
The CSC sits under the Global Business Services team, which provides governance over a range of outsourced service lines, including Finance, HR, Rights & Royalties, and Technology.
Working with teams across the UK and other core markets, you will build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across our organisation, as we look to consolidate our content creation and production work under our strategic partners, and ensure services are delivered to the required standards in terms of cost, schedule, and quality.
For your business units / geographies:
- Work with stakeholders in Global Business Services (GBS) to ensure the governance framework is adhered to by the CSC and internal customers
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the UK and core business, including the UK Higher Ed,
- International Curriculum, and English & Global Schools business units
- Drive the demand for content production services to CSC vendors by clearly communicating the offering to the business units
- Ensure the pipeline of demand is visible and up-to-date, informing vendor supply requirements
- Match service requirements are matched to suitable vendor(s), through a sound understanding of business requirements and vendor capabilities
- Vendor requirements (e.g. for project information and pipeline visibility) are understood and provided by the business through acting as the ‘voice of the vendor’
- Vendor’s performance is in line with targets and standards to ensure that benefits are delivered
- Issues that risk project delivery or delivery of benefits to the business are addressed through mediation between the business and vendor (e.g. in the context of an escalation)
- Participate in the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process to derive improvement opportunities, and see these through to completion
- Rates are competitive and consistently adhered to, with Continuous Improvement discounts applied where appropriate
- Provide feedback on reporting by CSC vendors to ensure accuracy and a balanced perspective
- Work with teams to monitor process compliance and identify opportunities for process improvement.
Can demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates effectively across multiple teams and helps build consensus
- Facilitates and mediates between vendor and business teams
- Leads and influences effectively at different levels and with multiple stakeholders
- Adapts easily to change and solves problems effectively
- Drives efficiencies in process
- Takes the initiative, thinks creatively, and develops innovative approaches and solutions
- Communicates effectively with delivery teams, project and portfolio managers, functional leads and executives
- Pays excellent attention to detail
- Excels in time management, project management, and program management
Can demonstrate the following experience:
- Worked in a large delivery organisation
- Large scale outsourcing to third parties
- Familiarity with print and digital content production activity
- Comprehensive understanding of content development & production workflows
- Worked with project management tools such as Smartsheets and Jira
One or more of the below desirable :
- Qualification in project management (e.g. PMP / Prince2), Agile (e.g. PMI-ACP), Quality Assurance (e.g ISTQB), or Lean (e.g. Six Sigma)
- Experience of data analysis and reporting using modern data warehousing and visualisation technologies, such as Google big query, Microsoft BI, Tableaux.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org