Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager
SFJ Awards is a regulated awarding organisation in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. SFJ Awards is also an Apprenticeship End-Point Assessment Organisation approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency to deliver End-Point Assessments to apprentices on a growing number of apprenticeship standards.
SFJ Awards is a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation that is owned by and forms part of the Workforce Development Trust Group that includes Skills for Health, Skills for Justice and People 1st International.
As an Awarding Organisation, SFJ Awards offers Regulated Qualifications, customised accreditation and organisational assurance to customers. We work with employers, colleges and training providers across England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland as well as internationally.
As a member of SFJ Awards’ Senior Management Team you will work alongside colleagues to provide strategic direction and leadership for the Awarding Organisation. As Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager you will also report directly to SFJ Awards’ Quality and Standards Committee.
This is a full time, permanent role, flexible on the working location with a requirement of regular travel to Sheffield and across UK with a salary rang of £40,000- £45,000.
Quality Assurance and Compliance
• To lead and manage SFJ Awards’ Quality Assurance and Compliance function in accordance with regulatory requirements
• To develop and implement SFJ Awards’ Quality Assurance strategy
• To develop, implement, maintain and evaluate SFJ Awards’ quality assurance policies, processes and procedures
• To effectively lead, manage, motivate and develop the Quality Assurance Team, including internal staff and associates
• To ensure that’s SFJ Awards’ have sufficient quality assurance resources planning to ensure that SFJ Awards can meet its current and future commitments and plans
• To provide timely and accurate management information to the Management Team
• To contribute to the development, implementation and management of SFJ Awards strategic planning based on the agreed strategic priorities
• To ensure the efficient and effective use of resources in the context of the agreed business strategy
• Attend appropriate training events as required
• Contribute to SFJ Awards business and systems development
•Ensure that working practices reflect SFJ Awards and Workforce Development Trust vision and values
• Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification, andor significant experience and excellent track record in similar role
•Knowledge and understanding of the Regulatory Conditions of Recognition and Regulatory Principles across the UK
•Knowledge and understanding of national and regional developments in education and funding policy, and impact on compliance
•Knowledge of Awarding Organisations and their role within Education and Training both domestically and internationally
•Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance processes associated with different types of qualifications, including high stakes qualifications
•Extensive experience of managing and implementing quality assurance processes to support qualification delivery and assessment
•Substantial experience of working in a strategic and operational management role in a customer-facing and quality-led environment
•Experience of using quality assurances processes to drive service enhancements and improvements in service delivery and compliance
•Experience in conducting and managing investigations, complaints and appeals
•Resilient and able to work flexibly and cope with conflicting priorities and demands
•Self-confidence, self-awareness and personal drive for results and continuous improvement
•Generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year with additional days’ leave awarded for each continuous year of service up to a maximum of 28 days, plus eight public holidays and a potential Christmas closure. The WDT also provides enhanced maternity, paternity and sickness leaves
•Health and wellbeing benefits, which include access to a confidential employee assistance programme, free eye tests and payment for an annual flu jab
•Pension scheme with a minimum contribution of 4% to a maximum contribution of 6%, matched by the company, along with death in service coverage at three times annual salary
•Flexible employee benefits, including a portal providing hundreds of discounts, including a cycle to work scheme which is available upon successful completion of probation period, as well as a dress for your day approach to working
•Frequent organisational development days and departmental training budgets
To apply for this job email your details to Chelsea.Harding@wdtrust.org.uk