Quality and Standards Committee Member
We are currently looking for new members to join our Quality and Standards Committee (QSC). The QSC meets four times a year in Sheffield and plays an important role within SFJ Awards, supporting our quality assurance and qualification development teams to provide assurance to the Board of SFJ Awards that robust quality standards are being maintained in the interest of Learners, Centres, regulators and other stakeholders. Members of the QSC must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of education and assessment practices and have a deep commitment to quality. Members serve for a period of 3 years, with the option of renewal for a further term. Appointments are non-remunerated although reasonable travel and subsistence for attendance at meetings will be paid.
SFJ Awards is a sector specialist awarding organisation working across the policing, community safety, fire and rescue, health and care, education and leadership and management sectors. For these appointments, we would particularly welcome hearing from applicants who bring experience and expertise from within the uniformed public services.
- Providing scrutiny, support and challenge to officers of the organisation to assure themselves that SFJ Awards maintains compliance with UK regulatory requirements.
- Receiving, commenting upon and approving annual or other statements of compliance that the organisation is required to make in line with regulatory requirements.
- Providing advice and guidance to SFJ Awards with regards to matters and activities that pertain to the General Conditions of Recognition.
- Participating fully in the work of the committee, supporting the Chair and members to ensure that committee proceedings operate in line with the QSC Terms of Reference.
- Hearing and deliberating as required on enquiries or appeals submitted to the QSC for consideration.
QSC Member Skills Specification:
- Experience and understanding of the role of Committees within regulated organisations.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and assuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Experience of designing, delivering and/or quality assuring vocational education provision within one or more of the sectors within which the organisation operates.
- An understanding of the skills and qualifications landscape across the UK.
- Broad understanding of the legal, statutory, governance, political and economic issues within which an Awarding Organisation operates.
- The ability to provide constructive support and challenge and to stimulate innovation whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- An effective communicator, able to build strong and positive relationships.
Quality Standards Committee Members are also required to meet the following criteria:
- They have not in the last 5 years been employed by The Workforce Development Trust or any of its subsidiaries.
- They have never been employed by The Workforce Development Trust or any of its subsidiaries in any post equivalent to a senior manager role.
- They have no family ties or other close relationships within the organisation.
- They hold no directorships/relationships with other organisations that could be deemed to constitute a significant conflict of interest.
- They have no material business relationship with the organisation
- They are not disqualified from serving as a Company Director/Trustee, for whatever reason, and have never been removed from the trusteeship of a charity.
- They are not the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order.
Closing date 10th April 2020, please include your CV and covering letter.
To apply for this job email your details to Chelsea.Harding@wdtrust.org.uk