SFJ Awards is a regulated awarding organisation in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland.
SFJ Awards is also an Apprenticeship End-Point Assessment Organisation approved by the
Education and Skills Funding Agency to deliver End-Point Assessments to apprentices on a growing
number of apprenticeship standards.
The overall purpose of this role is to increase the volume and value of revenues achieved from SFJ
Awards products and services. The post holder will carry out research, sourcing and analysing
relevant data sources to identify and recommend new product/service opportunities. They will use
their communication, engagement and commercial skills to support existing customers to increase
their activity with SFJ Awards and to secure new customers, working both independently and as an
effective team player.
The post-holder will benefit from an understanding of how qualifications, apprenticeships and
certification products are developed, delivered, managed and quality assured, and will enjoy
influencing, negotiating and building commercial relationships with new and established customers
Reporting to the Contracts and Products Manager, the post holder’s key responsibilities will include:
- Actively monitoring, researching and reporting on market trends to identify potential new
customers and emerging opportunities.
- Influencing existing customers to increase and expand their uptake of existing SFJ Awards
- Working closely with the marketing function to implement SFJ Awards’ marketing and
customer engagement plans.
- Working independently and in collaboration with others to deliver annual growth in market
share and revenues.
- Regularly interrogating published data sources to inform market and competitor analysis, the comparative assessment of product performance and the identification of market trends and opportunities;
- Generating accurate and appropriate analyses and reports to support the acquisition of new customers, the establishment of beneficial relationships with partner organisations, and ongoing improvement in the commercial performance of products and services;
- Providing prospective customers with appropriate advice and information as to the benefits of working with SFJ Awards and the features of SFJ Awards products and services;
- Influencing existing customers to increase and/or broaden their provision of SFJ Awards regulated qualifications, End-Point assessments and Custom Certifications;
- Degree or diploma level qualification in any field or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of the vocational qualifications,
education and training sector within the U.K.
- Experience of undertaking customer, product and market research
- Experiencing of sourcing and interrogating relevant data to inform
- Experience of generating analyses and reports using Excel and
- Experience of winning customer sales within a Business to
Business service sector context
- Experience of establishing and building professional, commercial
relationships with new and established customers
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex
information fluently and confidently to different audiences
- Able to interpret information, read between the lines of customer
feedback and form sound and reliable judgements based on
- Ability to interpret and use information to formulate, propose and
implement sales campaigns
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with excellent attention to
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year with additional days’ leave awarded for each continuous year of service up to a maximum of 28 days, plus eight public holidays and a potential Christmas closure. The WDT also provides enhanced maternity, paternity and sickness leaves
- Health and wellbeing benefits, which include access to a confidential employee assistance programme, free eye tests and payment for an annual flu jab
- Pension scheme with a minimum contribution of 4% to a maximum contribution of 6%, matched by the company, along with death in service coverage at three times annual salary
- Flexible employee benefits, including a portal providing hundreds of discounts, including a cycle to work scheme which is available upon successful completion of probation period, as well as a dress for your day approach to working
- Frequent organisational development days and departmental training budgets
Please include your CV when applying.
To apply for this job email your details to Chelsea.Harding@wdtrust.org.uk