Lead Customer Services Officer
SFJ Awards is a regulated awarding organisation in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland. SFJ Awards is
also an Apprenticeship End-Point Assessment Organisation approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency
to deliver End-Point Assessments to apprentices on a growing number of apprenticeship standards.
Reporting to the Awarding Organisation Systems Manager, the Lead Customer Services Officer
will play an important role within the Centre Administration Services department, coordinating delivery of a wide
range of administrative and centre support activities and assisting the AO Systems Manager with the management,
maintenance and on-going development of the data reporting systems in use to support business operations.
This role requires someone who has well-developed administrative, communication and customer service skills
along with expertise in the use of IT systems for business operations control and reporting.
Reporting to the AO Systems Manager, the post holder’s key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the delivery of effective customer services
- Providing advice and guidance on the use of the AO’s data systems to colleagues and customers
- Developing and generating routine and ad hoc reports to facilitate business decision-making
- Supporting the AO Systems Manager to identify improvements to the online database systems used to log,
track, assess and process business activity
Specifically, the post holder is responsible for:
- Supporting the AO Systems Manager with developing and disseminating information, advice and guidance
to centres, specifically (but not exclusively) in relation to their use of the AO data systems.
- Working with the AO Systems Manager to monitor and deliver customer service standards for Centre
- Acting in a coordinating and advisory capacity within the Centre Administration Services team to deliver an
excellent customer service experience.
- Maintaining a log of customer queries and issues and ensuring that common/recurrent concerns are
identified and escalated to the AO Systems Manager so that action can be taken to address them in line with
a continuous improvement approach.
- Educated to at least RQF level 3 in business administration or a related subject
or with equivalent workplace experience.
- Understanding of the principles of data management and security.
- Understanding of the principles of customer service and customer experience management
- Experience of working within a busy service environment with multiple and at times conflicting demands from external and internal customers, ideally gained within an awarding organization or education/training body
- Experience of producing information, advice and guidance materials for diverse audiences
- Experience of designing and producing data reports
- Experience of providing information and advice to external contacts and ensuring an effective customer experience.
- Excellent planning, prioritisation, organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentational skills with the ability to respond appropriately, confidently and sensitively to queries.
- A keen eye for detail and proven commitment to the achievement of quality standards.
- Able to interpret information and form sound, consistent and reliable judgements based on evidence.
- Expertise in preparing and presenting concise reports and recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and customer service skills.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year with additional days’ leave awarded for each continuous year of service up to a maximum of 28 days, plus eight public holidays and a potential Christmas closure. The WDT also provides enhanced maternity, paternity and sickness leaves
- Health and wellbeing benefits, which include access to a confidential employee assistance programme, free eye tests and payment for an annual flu jab
- Pension scheme with a minimum contribution of 4% to a maximum contribution of 6%, matched by the company, along with death in service coverage at three times annual salary
- Flexible employee benefits, including a portal providing hundreds of discounts, including a cycle to work scheme which is available upon successful completion of probation period, as well as a dress for your day approach to working
- Frequent organisational development days and departmental training budgets
Please include your CV when applying.
To apply for this job email your details to Chelsea.Harding@wdtrust.org.uk